Join the discussion and Follow this blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Purpose, passion, Life

What is your purpose in life? Why are you on this earth? The daily stresses of life keep us in this box that says I must pay my bills, get a diploma, find a career, get married, have kids, support my family... Whoa! slow down. Yes those are all awesome things we should set a goal for, but why are we living? Is it to accomplish a list and then die? I would love to hear your ideas. Just thinking about it though, we are breathing to glorify God, to bring His Kingdom to earth. We immerse ourselves in His Word and focus on growing in our faith. We find where He is working around us and we join Him. That's where our true success will take place because all things are possible with Him. We must join God's active work not expect Him to join our agenda.

Something to consider: when thinking about work and what we want to do in life, I've always used the concept "what would I do for free?" What do you find yourself doing, thinking about, and planning in your spare time? Where do you feel God is placing you in the moment? What is your role when it comes to people and serving in God's Kingdom? Think about what you like to do for others and receive nothing in return. Where is your heart and what are you constantly wanting to see change or enhance? 

For example, I constantly think about the youth in our age. I see kids and hear stories and want to see them loved and feel secure. I recently started working with a business that uses nature and outdoor guided trips to enhance quality of life. I find that getting back to the simplicity of God's creation is sometimes what is needed to refresh the mind and ease stress/depression. Along with that, building community with activities and learning healthy communication among teens is so important. Social media, video games, and phones have created shallow relationships, leaving no understanding of how to trust, talk, and express. 

Another example is my cleaning business. I truly love to clean and I like to serve people. I like being able to help someone and feel that satisfaction. Yes I would even do this for free. Laugh if you want, but I find myself cleaning even in my spare time. I see my cleaning business as a ministry. If you consider your work as a ministry, it is so much more rewarding to finish the daily work and many times I forget I'm even getting paid.

These are just some examples to get your mind working, now think about what YOU could write pages about or talk about for hours or do for days on end. What is your passion? Identify it, live it, and share it!

No comments: